← Back to list
Gobind: Thaipusam Celebrations Will Go Ahead
Jan 31, 2020
Thaipusam celebrations this year will go ahead as scheduled.
Communications and Multimedia Minister Gobind Singh Deo was responding to rumours that the event could be called off due to the coronavirus outbreak.
He says Thaipusam will proceed as scheduled...unless there is an official statement from the government saying otherwise.
Meanwhile, KTMB will be providing 24-hour Komuter services for four days starting February 7th...in conjunction with Thaipusam.
The government has yet to decide whether to ban ALL flights from China to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
For now...the ban only applies to flights from Wuhan city and the surrounding Hubei province.
It comes after the Sabah state government yesterday announced that its temporarily suspending all scheduled and chartered flights from China until further notice.
The Health Ministry has rubbished reports that an Indian national had died in Malaysia from the Wuhan coronavirus.
The report, by an India-based portal...had claimed that a 23 year old Indian national who had been working here, succumbed to the virus.
The Ministry however, says it has no record of any Indian national even testing positive for the virus here.
In a related development...an individual in Kuantan has been detained and questioned by the authorities for spreading fake news about the outbreak.
She is the sixth person to be detained in the past few days...as the police and MCMC step up measures to stop the spread of fake reports.
Find out what's happening in the entertainment world today and don't miss out on the current scores of your favourite sport!
Make sure you tune in to PETRONAS News Update on MIX fm at these times:
7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 5pm, 6pm
8am, 10am, 12pm